Thanks to a partnership with Sportswear, Inc, HBCUFN is using the experience of its co-founders, Kenn Rashad (TSPNSports) and Eric Moore (Onnidan’s HBCU Sports), to address the growing pride in HBCUs by developing a store where officially licensed HBCU related materials can be purchased. The web address is Store.HBCUFanNation.com
“The Sportswear, Inc partnership will allow us to offer various items which can be customized while still providing a consistent representation of the school’s brand,” said Rashad. “As a result of this philosophy, we will only feature HBCU institutions who have officially licensed their trademarks.”
“HBCUs are enjoying a resurgence as evidenced by Kalia Booker sporting her Spelman College gear on the CBS show Big Brother,” stated Moore. “And who can forget the outstanding performance of Howard University’s Afro Blue recently on The Sing Off on NBC”
With six HBCU football games on various television schedules, the store’s launch comes just before a weekend where, for the first time this season, all four HBCU conferences will have games televised.
Tomorrow night (9/22), Bethune-Cookman hosts Hampton in a MEAC matchup at 7:30pm ET in Daytona Beach on ESPNU. A half-hour later, Fort Valley State faces Benedict in SIAC action in Columbia, SC on Comcast Sports Southeast. Saturday (9/24), the CIAA kicks off its broadcast schedule with Bowie State meeting Virginia Union at 1:00pm ET in Richmond on the conference’s syndicated television network. Florida A&M and Southern will meet in the Georgia Dome for the Atlanta Football Classic at 3:30pm ET on Versus. The SWAC-TV Game of the Week features Grambling vs. Alabama A&M beginning at 5:45pm CT. Howard and Morgan State close out the weekend’s broadcasts when they battle in the New York Urban League Classic in New Meadowlands Stadium in a game scheduled for delayed broadcast on ESPNU at 10:30pm ET.
HBCUFanNation.com (HBCUFN) is a growing network of independent blogs and bloggers who are passionate about the jewels that make up Historically Black Colleges and Universities. HBCUFN currently serves as an umbrella location for
- The Deriso Report – the sports blog of award-winning columnist Nick Deriso, former editor for the Monroe(LA) News Star – thederisoreport.com
- Fans-N-The-Stands – a network of independent bloggers covering HBCU athletics – fansnthestands.com
- FSU Bronco Blog – the official athletics blog of Fayetteville State University – fsubroncoblog.com
- The Eligibility Coach - a private, comprehensive consulting service specializing in NCAA and NAIA eligibility certification processes – eligibilitycoach.com
- HBCU PollNation – a series of polls dedicated to tracking and reporting public opinion from an HBCU perspective on a variety of issues – hbcupollnation.com
HBCUFanNation on Facebook – http://facebook.com/pages/HBCU-Fan-Nation/159875000713597
@HBCUFanNation on Twitter – http://twitter.com/HBCUFanNation